Condens is a web-based software tool developed by Condens Inisghts GmbH. Its purpose is to store, analyze and share user research data.
- You have full control over your data. We don’t own it and will never sell it to others.
- Condens is fully GDPR compliant. All data is stored and processed in data centers inside the EU by trusted and certified subprocessors.
- Condens doesn’t need any personal data to function (except for your billing and signup information). You are free to use your participants’ real data or anonymize it in any way you want.
- We improve Condens based on your feedback and usage. Therefore we monitor how you interact with our website and webapp (more details here).
In more detail
Condens offers a web-based software tool (“Software”) to store, analyze and share user research data. We also own and operate a number of websites and offer related services, like support. We refer to all of these products, together with our other services and websites as “Services” in this policy.
What we explain in this policy
- What information we collect about you
- What we use the information for
- How we store and secure the information
- How we transfer information
- Your choices and rights
- Other important privacy-related information
What information we collect about you
Information you provide to us
- Account and profile information: We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences or sign-up for the Services. For example, this includes your first name, last name and email address.
- Content you provide through the Services: Using Condens may involve creating, editing, and sharing content.
- Information you provide through our support channels: The Services also include customer support, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a Service. Whether you contact customer support via email, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
Information we collect automatically
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Services. This includes:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses
- Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Browser type
- Operating system
- Date/time stamp
- Browsing actions and browsing patterns
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer or mobile device, which enable features and functionalities of the Services. They are unique to your account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.For example, we collect and store the following information using Cookies:
- Authentication information: If you’re signed in to our Services, cookies help us show you the right information and personalize your experience.
- URL query (for example, Urchin Tracking Module (UTM) parameters).
- Information about which variant(s) of the Services you use.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-outlink.
Information we receive from other sources
Other users of our Services may provide information about you when they submit content through the Services. We also receive your email address from other Service users when they provide it in order to invite you to our Services.
What we use the information for
What we use the information for depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you. These are grouped by the legal bases on which we use them:
Performance of a contract
- Access control to our Services
- To personalize your experience
- To aid in research and development
- To communicate with you about the Services
- To market, promote, and drive engagement with the Services
- To provide customer support
- To prevent fraud and abuse
- For any other purpose with your consent
How we share the information
Sharing with other Service users
When you use the Services, we share certain information about you with other Service users for collaboration: You can create content, which may contain information about you, and others can see, share, edit, copy and download that content. Some collaboration features of the Services display some or all of your profile information to other Service users.
Sharing with third parties
We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, infrastructure, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
With your consent
We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so.
We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
How we store and secure the information
Information storage and security
We use data hosting service providers to host our data, and we use technical measures to ensure security. You can learn more about services we use on our subprocessors page. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. If you have questions regarding information storage and security, feel free to contact us.
How long we keep information
We may retain your personal information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. For instance, we may retain your personal information during the time you have an account to use the Services, and for a reasonable period of time thereafter. We also may retain your personal information during the period of time needed for Condens to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How we transfer information
We might transfer, process, and store your information outside of your country of residence, to where we, Condens or our third-party service providers operate (all inside the EU and GDPR compliant). Whenever we transfer your information, we take steps to protect it and ensure to do so compliant with applicable data protection laws.
Your choices and rights
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you and you can exercise your rights by contacting us using the information provided below. In some cases, we might have legal obligations that prevent us from fully complying with your choices. In that case we will inform you about these obligations.
Your rights include
- Obtaining information regarding the processing of your personal information and access to the personal information which we hold about you.
- Requesting that we correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Requesting that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Obtaining some of your information in a format you can move from one service provider to another. Our Services give you the ability to export certain information from within the Service. You can contact us if you require to export other information.
- Withdrawing your consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
- Lodging a complaint with the relevant data protection authority, if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us. You can find more information about this at the Data Protection Authority of Bavaria for the Private Sector
Other important privacy-related information
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Condens does not allow use of the Services by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
Your information is controlled by Condens Software GmbH. If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please don’t hesitate to contact us: